Wednesday, November 15, 2006



In loving memory - Marion Kirschenbaum Altman - 1/26/27 - 11/20/03 - Zichrona L'vracha - may her memory be for a blessing. For a piece I wrote about my mother that I first wrote and posted on Mother's Day '05, click here www.http://kennyaltman.blogspot.com/2006/05/oldie-but-goodie-this-was-first-piece.html

My life in showbiz, week 12 -

Wow! Four chances to catch me this weekend!

Thursday, November 16, some time between 7 and 9 pm - Brainwash, 1122 Folsom Street - I will be doing open mic at Brainwash some time between 7 and 9 pm. Admission is free, bring $$ for food and drink. This is a very special evening for me as I will be marking the third anniversary of my mother's passing and I'd be honored to have you join me.

Saturday, November 18 at 1 pm - The Strauss House (don't call it a venue) - 351 16th Avenue - gather at 1 pm for Shabbat lunch, show at 2 pm!

Saturday, November 18, beginning at 6 pm - San Francisco Comedy College Grad Show - 414 Mason Street, 7th Floor, between Geary and Post. Come see me and a bunch of really, really, really funny people as we celebrate winding up another four weeks of intensive comedy training. $5 admission. San Francisco Comedy College happily accepts donations. www.sfcomedycollege.com

Saturday, November 18, beginning at 8 pm - Q Comedy Showcase - at the Jon Sims Center, 1519 Mission Street, between 11th Street and South Van Ness Avenue - a gay comedy showcase, with guest emcee (the wonderful) Marilyn Pittman - sliding scale $8 - $15, cash, at the door. My first time playing to a largely gay audience and I AM PUMPED! www.qcomedy.com


Have a great weekend, a fabulous Shabbat, and keep looking for the laughs - they're out there.

Kenny A.

No comments: