Sunday, December 24, 2006



Just another gay, religious, rock and roll Jew who loves Christmas music. (I also adore Jake Gyllenhaal, with whom I share a birthday.)

So sue me, I love Christmas music. Not the smarmy, sappy, shit you hear in elevators or at the supermarket, but contemporary rock and roll Christmas music. The Beach Boys' "Little St. Nick," Phil Spector's "A Christmas Gift to You from Phil Spector," etc., that sort of stuff. I just absolutely love it and I love listening to it all every December.

Here's my new favorite, a little nugget I just discovered this year. For your consideration, I give you Harry Connick Jr. and "I Pray on Christmas" from 1993. Other than appearing shirtless in the final scene of "Pajama Game" on Broadway last year, this is truly one of Harry's finest moments.

Click here to enjoy - www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOVXs7tby9g

And for good measure, one more - from 1978, The Dickies' "(Un)Silent Night."

www.thepopview.com/mptres/silent-night.mp3

No comments: