Thursday, August 31, 2006

My life in showbiz, week two...

Brainwash - tough crowd tonight, lots of young, straight drunk guys and really, really dirty comics. My gut was telling me to bolt but I stuck it out, stayed until I was called, and got up and did my five minutes and did a good job. The people in front liked me – when I started talking about the Jewish/gay stuff about 15 people in the back went outside to smoke. I made a joke about “boy do I know how to empty a room, or what?” lost my focus for a second or two, then got back into my groove. I am not really sure if it was my material that emptied out the room, but if I did empty out the room I emptied it out of guys who were telling penis and vagina jokes all night long, so I did what my teacher says I should do and just focused on the people in the front, the ones who were paying attention and laughing. The new Mel Gibson stuff went over well. I did a solid 4:30 and it felt good. I played it back and it sounded good. I thought some of the comics tonight were really being disrespectful to some of the other comics.

Thanks for listening, have a great, SAFE 3-day weekend.

Kenny

No comments: