Monday, January 23, 2006


Once Upon A Dream

The Rascals were, and still are, one of my favorite 60s rock groups. They wrote and performed some of the most original, creative, and enjoyable music of that era. From the gloriously innocent "1-2-3" lead-off on "Good Lovin'" to the more mature rock/gospel sound of "People Got To Be Free," which heralded the beginning of their "peace and spirituality" phase, the Rascals have truly stood the test of time.

For years, my three favorite Rascals albums, "Once Upon A Dream," "Freedom Suite" and "See," were unavailable. Finally, Once Upon A Dream and See have both been re-issued on CD, and I just purchased and downloaded both from iTunes. Once Upon A Dream, the first of these three concept albums from 1968 and 1969, is nearly flawless from beginning to end, just as I remembered it. I am indeed a happy, lucky man. All I need now is for "Freedom Suite" to be re-issued and made available, and I will have the complete trilogy of what I consider to be their best work.

And my iPod now has 9,960 songs, and room for 5,040 more. Trust me, I'll fill it - and more.

Anyone who is interested in hearing a few tracks from Once Upon A Dream or See, drop me a note and I'll send you a few MP3 files. If anyone knows how I can include MP3 files in my postings, I'd be most grateful for the guidance.

Thanks for listening, have a great day.

No comments: