Thursday, January 26, 2006

In memory of Marion Kirschenbaum Altman, 1/26/27 - 11/20/03

Top 10 Reasons To See "Mother" (1996, Directed by Albert Brooks)

10. Frozen lettuce

9. Blocks of cheese the size of a Fiat

8. The protective ice shield that forms on your sherbert in the freezer

7. Looking for parking at Mollie Stone's

6. "I LOVE my mother, I'm not IN love with her!" (Yeah, right, pal, you keep believing that!)

5. "So what? You think I didn't have a life before you were born?"

4. The Beach Boys' "In My Room"

3. "You'll put the car back in the garage, won't you?"

2. "Oh, no, dear, we're not intimate, we just have sex occasionally."

1. Albert Brooks is the funniest man on the planet today (with the possible exception of me, of course, ha!) and Debbie Reynolds in the title role is nothing short of brilliant in her finest screen performance to date.

Thanks for listening, have a great day.

No comments: