Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Good customer service at Kinko's on Stanyan Street.

I am passionate about good customer service. There is no more important component in the making - or breaking - of ones business reputation.

This morning, I was at FedExKinko's on Stanyan Street in San Francisco, picking up an order I had placed with them a few days ago over the Web. The total, I was told, was $29.00 and change. "That's strange," I said to the clerk. "The last time I was here, for the same job, it was a little under $20.00." The clerk explained to me that the prices had just recently gone up. Then, without being prompted, he said, "tell you what. I'll give it to you for the price you were expecting - $19.63 - but the next time I'll have to charge you the regular price." And he charged me $19.63. THIS is the way to do business, THIS is the way to ensure repeat business. Good job, Kinko's; I'll be back.

Thanks for listening, have a great day.

No comments: