Wednesday, May 30, 2007


What is it with these fucking whales? What the hell am I missing here?

I have been listening to KGO radio since 7 o'clock this morning, as I usually do while at work. EVERY national newscast and EVERY local newscast has either led off or seconded with the story of these frikking whales. The local newscasts have even used these whales as their teasers, e.g. "coming up, more on the whales." At the same time I have heard ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about how many soldiers we lost yesterday, how many homeless people died on the streets of San Francisco yesterday, etc. Where in G-d's name are our priorities?

PLEASE don't give me this crap about this being an environmental matter and that the whales' predicament is a foretelling of worse things to come. I understand that that might be true, and I understand that that warrants some news coverage. But - every half hour since 7 o'clock this morning, and NOTHING about dead soldiers or other dead human beings?

This will definitely be part of my set for the next few weeks... check out my schedule at the myspace link to your right.

Good day to all,

Kenny A.

No comments: