Thursday, May 10, 2007


Life is good...

I competed in the semi-finals of the Rooster T. Feather's comedy competition last night, in Sunnyvale. 11 comics performed, 3 made it to the finals, I was not one of them. My good friends Samson Koletkar and Marty Grimes took 1st and 2nd, respectively. Tessie Chua took 3rd.

I am not disappointed, rather I am encouraged. It was an amazing evening. The place was packed, the energy in the room was palpable and every comic, including me if I may say so myself, delivered the goods.

These competitions can be unfair at times because the audience votes so sometimes a less than stellar comic can win if he or she stacks the room with friends and family. This was not the case last night. All 3 who made it to the finals were well-deserved wins.

I feel good. I have been doing comedy for less than a year, and in my first competition I made it to the semi-finals. Not bad. Now on to New York for May 19.

Come and see me on Saturday, May 19 at 5:30 PM at the New Talent Comedy Showcase at Gothem Comedy Club, 208 W. 23rd between 7th and 8th Aves. $10 cover, 2-drink minimum. Reservations/info - 212/367-9000.

See you in NYC!

No comments: