Wednesday, September 06, 2006

...wow, did I have a great time in comedy class tonight. I feel completely energized – last week after a couple of spotty performances I was more or less in “what the f**k have I gotten myself into” mode.

Kurtis Matthews, our teacher, had us each do five minutes of our best stuff, without a script and without notes, and gave us feedback as we were doing it, then more at the end. I am learning how to feel relaxed on stage, the same way I am when I am speaking in front of 500 people at synagogue or teaching a class of 15 people, and that is where I need to get to – the same kind of relaxed feeling so that it all feels natural as opposed to forced memorization of jokes and punch lines. I was able to go off the script and keep it going.

I am so excited about doing this – I feel like I am finally getting the graduate degree I’ve always thought about getting!

Thanks for listening, have a great day - count your blessings and seek out the laughs.

Kenny

For info about San Francisco Comedy College, go to www.sfcomedycollege.com= - they are a great organization and they happily accept donations.

No comments: