Monday, July 17, 2006


So many reasons to love San Francisco - here's just one...

Sunday evening, July 16, I was grocery shopping at Cala Foods in my neigborhood, and thought it might be nice to buy flowers for myself for my apartment. There were no prices on the bunches of flowers that were on display, so I asked one of the clerks if she could help me. The security guard happened to overhear our conversation and he came up to me and said with a smile, "it depends on how much trouble you're in." I was not sure what he meant, so I asked him to explain and he said "it all depends on how mad she is at you, that's how much money you spend on the flowers." And I looked up at him in mock indignation and said "She?! This is San Francisco!" And he replied "Oh, he/she, it doesn't matter, we're all the same... someone's mad at you, you gotta buy 'em flowers!"

You gotta love that. If only George Bush could understand the same thing, that basically we're all the same. Perhaps he'd stop lobbying to write discrimination into the Constitution and start focusing on real issues instead. Perhaps, but I'm not holding my breath. Shame on him.

Thanks for listening, have a great day.

KA

No comments: